Silodal-4 is the alpha blocker medication used in the treatment of enlarged prostate called benign prostate hyperplasia in men. It is used to improve urination in th pateients of prostate hyperplasia.
Dose and Direction of Use
- Take the medication as direced by the physician.
- Swallow the capsule without breaking, chewing or crushing the capsule.
- Take the medication at the same time of the day regularly.
Mode of Action
Silodosin is a selective α1 antagonist. Smooth muscle tone in the prostate is mediated by α1A receptors; blocking them leads to relaxation of smooth muscle in the bladder neck and prostate, causing an improvement of urine flow and a decrease in symptoms of BPH.
- Improve urination in men with BPH
- Treat Enlarged prostate in men
- Severe renal impairment
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with doctor about health issues prior starting medication.
- Follow the dosing schedule strictly.
- Do not start or stop taking medication randomly.
- Do not skip or double take the medication.
- If any hypersensitive reaction occurs, consult with doctor immediately.