Vanolin-5 is a brand name of Linagliptin 5 mg Tablet.It is an oral hypoglycemic agent. It helps to control blood sugar levels and thus prevent serious complications of diabetes.
Antidiabetics (DPP-4 enzyme inhibitor)
Dose and Direction of Use
- Linagliptin is for oral adminsitration and can be taken at any time of the day with or without food.
Mode of Action
- Linagliptin selectively blocks DPP-4 enzyme which is responsible for inactivation of incretins like GLP-1 & GIP. This results in glucose dependent stimulation of insulin and decrease in glucagon release.Thus decreases HbA1C, fasting and post prandial glucose level.gliptin selectively blocks DPP-4 enzyme which is responsible for inactivation of incretins like GLP-1 & GIP.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Don't use this medicine if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to Linagliptin
Precautions and Warning
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding woman before taking this medicine to understand the risk and benefit ratio.
- Talk to your doctor about past medical history like kidney problem , heart problem or liver problem before taking this medicine.
- Pack a biscuit or chocolate with you, incase you feel dizzy due to low sugar level in the body.
- Take this medication regularly as prescribed by the doctor along with proper diet and exercise.
- Monitor your blood glucose level timely.
- Don't double the dose for the missed one.
- Complete the prescribed dose and duration of medicine.